[pptp-server] Config tools in the making

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Aug 8 08:29:25 CDT 2000

>>>in ppp.secret must can add/change/remove line this format:
>>>billy           bob             1.2.3.4
>>
>>Is this line "USERNAME		SECRET		ASSIGNED IP" ?
>>If so, then that is the same as the syntax as the chap-secrets files
>>(at least how I do it, anyway).
>I'm curious as to how you're going to handle read/writing as root from a
>web script.

Both LinuxConf and Webmin manage to do this in a "secure" fashion,  it might be
good to look at those projects.  In fact Webmin has a pppd mangement module
which you should look at, so as to avoid re-inventing the wheel, as pptp/pppd
setup really isn't all that diffrent from pppd setup by itseld.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49505