[pptp-server] Config tools in the making

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Tue Aug 8 09:41:18 CDT 2000

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 09:29:25AM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

> >>Is this line "USERNAME		SECRET		ASSIGNED IP" ?
> >>If so, then that is the same as the syntax as the chap-secrets files
> >>(at least how I do it, anyway).
> >I'm curious as to how you're going to handle read/writing as root from a
> >web script.
>
> Both LinuxConf and Webmin manage to do this in a "secure" fashion,  it
> might be good to look at those projects.  In fact Webmin has a pppd
> mangement module which you should look at, so as to avoid re-inventing
> the wheel, as pptp/pppd setup really isn't all that diffrent from pppd
> setup by itseld.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those products run their own web
interfaces as part of the process, i.e. not through apache? The smb
daemon runs like that as well.

--
  gdunn at inscriber.com	  Graham Dunn         || ||| | ||| |||| | |||| |
  PGP Key fingerprint = 3F 56 12 9B 8A E1 77 CB  F0 62 94 B0 93 06 1E 88