[pptp-server] PPTP over dial-up problem...

Gord Belsey gord at amador.ca
Tue Aug 8 09:52:00 CDT 2000

Hi, Del:

Here's an issue to watch for...I came accross it on a DSL connection which
used PPPoE (and, obviuosly PPP).  The PPP options for the PPPoE connection
where VERY different from the ones required by PPTP.  I ended up creating a
second ppp options fiel, /etc/options.pptp.  Theere's a flag used when
starting pptpd to use a different options file than the default ( I can't
recall at the moment, but I think it's -o....it's in the man pages).

Depending on what your dialup uses, I'm guessing you'll need separate
options files.  I had no problems with pptpd with this configuration, even
when the link went down and up....pptpd just kept on listening for
connections.  (PPPoE was another story....I finally tossed it for a cable
connection :o)

Hope this is helpful

Gord Belsey