[pptp-server] LAN to LAN pptp connection (ipchains involved)

Jeffrey Hummel jhummel at fulltilt.com
Mon Aug 7 14:59:39 CDT 2000

Hello All,

I have been running Poptop and WinNT PPTP and a linux pptp client rather
flawlessly several ways.  My next solution is a PPTP LAN to LAN connection.
I have tried several ways to configure PPTP and ipchains but I believe it is
an ipchains problem where I get stupid.  Here is my scenario:

Windoze LAN --> Linux IPCHAINS FW / PPTP client --> Internet --> Cisco rules
based FW --> PPTP Server (WinNT)

If I don't have any ipchains rules running, the Linux pptp client works
great and from that box I can see the entire PPTP server LAN.  What I want
to do is route all of the traffic from my Windoze LAN thru the PPTP server
LAN.  I have said to accept the PPTP client and server ip range and also the
PPTP serve ip lan range.  No good.  I think I am missing something w/ PPTP.
I can give you my ipchains script if you want.

Anyone interested in tackling this one with me?  I would appreciate any and
all help as usual.

-Jeff