[pptp-server] How to setup a Win NT4 VPN client?

Alaa Alamood aaa at netman.dk
Wed Aug 9 04:07:03 CDT 2000

Hi

I hope this menuall help you

Windows Nt workstation
1- Start
2- Settings
3- Control Panel
4- Network
    - Protocols
       -add
         -Double click on the  point to point tunneling protocol (pptp)
        - Insert Windows Nt cdrom and click OK
        - Select number of vpn: 1
        - Click OK for Remote Access Services (Will now be installed)
        - On  RAS Device Windows, say OK VPN-RASPPTPM
        - On Remote Access Setup windows, click Continue
        - Reboot the machine

 When the machine is started
5- Start
6- Programs
7- Accessories
8- Dialup Networking
    - Choose Denmark as Country
    - Close
9- On New phonebook entry wizard window, type the name of the new phonebook
fx. MY_VPN
        ->Next

        -On server windows choose  the last check box ( The non windows NT
server ..... )
        ->Next

        - On the phone number window type the VPN server name (snow.netman.dk)
ot the IP address of
            of the server (VPN_Server_IPAddress)
        -> Next

        - For IP address click Next (without changing anything)

        -For Name Server addresses  click Next (without changing anything)

        -Finish

10- On the Dialup Networking window
            - More
                - Edit Entry and modem
                    - Properties
                       - Click on TCP/IP Settings
                          - Turn off use IP header compression
                          - Turn off use default gw on remote network

11- After you have dialed up to your ISP, dial up again to the VPN(PPTP)
server

regards
Alaa