[pptp-server] Error 619

Chris cliles at gw.total-web.net
Thu Aug 10 15:25:25 CDT 2000

I'm trying to connect to a poptop server through a masq. I always get a 619 error, even if I connect to the server without going through the masq. I have yet to make my 1st connection last. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I suspect that it is somewhere in my firewalling. I have used all the sample firewalls from many HOWTOs and from the help of others on this list. I need some very very idiot proof settings here. I have patched the kernel for pptp masqing and installed all the modules : bsd_comp, ppp_deflate, ip_masq_autofw, ip_masq_portfw
ip_masq_pptp . When I grep /var/log/messages ppp says that the connection authenticates but then the client drops, and pptp says that a PTY or GRE write failed. Please help me as I am at the end of my wits with this poorly documented experiment we all call settingup poptop.
Thanks,
Chris Liles