[pptp-server] 619 Error

Michael Walter walterm at Gliatech.com
Mon Aug 14 11:03:20 CDT 2000

try this(from memory):

# ENABLE IP FORWARDING
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

# SET THE DEFAULT POLICIES
ipchains -P input DENY
ipchains -P output DENY
ipchains -P forward DENY

# ALLOW GRE TRAFFIC
ipchains -A input -p 47 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -p 47 -j ACCEPT

# ALLOW TRAFFIC TO AND FROM THE DYNAMIC PORTS ON THE EXTERNAL INTERFACE
ipchains -A input -d externalipaddress 49152:65535 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -d externalipaddress 49152:65535 -j ACCEPT

# ALLOW ALL INTERNAL TRAFFIC
ipchains -A input -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -A output -d 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT

# MASQ ANY TRAFFIC FROM THE INTERNAL NETWORK TO THE INTERNET
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQ

I don't think you need to do anything with syn cookies because there are no
connections coming back, but I could be wrong.  This allows all gre traffic,
all internal-internal traffic, masq's internal-external, and
external-internal traffic that comes in on the dynamically assigned ip
ports.

Thanks,

Michael J. Walter
rhce mcse mcp+i a+