[pptp-server] Poptop and port 47

kim oppalfens kimoppalfens at freegates.be
Thu Aug 31 07:22:27 CDT 2000

Hi,

I am running poptop versie 0.9.1 on a Linux Router Project based pc.
The problem I have is when I try to connect from the outside, a pc connected
to the internet somewhere, I cannot connect. (He stops during the verify
username
and password.) If I do the same from my internal net I can connect without
any problem.

In my firewall rules I let 1723 and 47 through the firewall.
Which brings me to the probable cause of my problem.
My isp is blocking alot of ports under the 1024 boundary.
These ports are denied for anyone not coming from my isp's network.
So the 47 port is probably locked.
Can anyone tell me what this port 47 is for?
And if there is anyway to change the port to something above the 1024
boundary.
If so what should I do to tell the windows vpn clients to use the other
port?

Tnx in advance
Kim Oppalfens