[pptp-server] Can I see the network from the PPTP Client PC ??

Fernando Ruza fruza at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 11:39:50 CST 2000

Hi !!

I have the following architecture working ok, publicing the dinamic IP
address of my PPTP Server each time is connected to internet with the
dinamic DNS CJB.NET.

PPTP Client       dial-up connection      Linux Masq. Firewall &
192.168.1.100 <-------------------------> PPTP Server
                  with modem in both        192.168.1.1
                  boxes PCs                      |
                  (PPTP Client&Server)           | Intranet Office
                                                 | network
                                   ---------------------------
                                   |       |        ...      |
                              192.168.1.2  |                 |
                                      192.168.1.3            |
                                                        192.168.1.99

Everything seems to work ok, however from the client I can access to the PCs
in the Intranet Office network connecting but with the IP addresses not by
their names and also I cannot see them with the Network Neighborhood windows
program.

Is it possible to see all the Intranet office network from the files
explorer or Network Neighborhood and see all the name of the PCs there ??

The PPTP Client PC has also a name and it also has the same Workgroup name
than the PCs in the intranet office network.

Thanks in advanced for any help,

Good work !!

Fernando Ruza