[pptp-server] upgrade from RH6.2 kernel for pptpd and NIC trouble

machine man machineman at acmecity.com
Sat Dec 16 20:18:35 CST 2000

Hi,

I followed the excellently detailed instructions for upgrading
your kernel from vanilla RedHat 6.2 to 2.2.17 from the URL
www.vibres.com/pptpd/example.html, specifically for pptpd.

Everything went smoothly, until I rebooted my computer, and
then it gave me the error "Delaying eth0 initialization" for
my network card.  I've tried re-installing 6.2 and following
the instructions on the above URL twice, once
with the SMC EtherPowerII and once with the Linksys EtherFast
(PNIC) card.  Both times, the NIC fails to come up.

Now I know this is more of a kernel issue rather than a pptpd
issue, but I'm hoping that maybe someone came across the same
issue, and knows what the fix is?

I'm a newbie to Linux (but not to computers), but pptpd was
my impetus to explore Linux, so I'm hoping there's an expert
out there that might be able to point me in the right direction!

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

Sent by AcmeCity Mail