[pptp-server] linux instalation

Mahbod Mahmodani mmahmodani at lycos.com
Sat Dec 30 21:21:55 CST 2000

I am having problems installing linux onto my computer. I wish to use TurboLinux 6.0 Server edition on the primary partition of hda1 or first harddrive. I have Win98 on the second harddrive and it works fine. I have tried installing the entire batch which is 966MB. Once the machine boots up, it recognizes the hardrive boot sector but LILO doesn't boot up. No error messages or anything. I originally thought it was a hard disk geometry problem so I repartitioned the harddrive to 1GB and elliminated some files that I didn't need. Once I reinstalled I tried booting off the disk but automatically the PC rebooted over and over. I tried both of these options with loading LILO to hda (MBR) and first sector of hda1 (first partition). Nothing seems to work. My harddrive is a IDE drive not SCSI.
If anyone knows how to get by this, I'd really appreciate some help.

Mahbod
---
THE EARTH IS BUT ONE COUNTRY AND MANKIND ITS CITIZENS. -BAHA'U'LLAH-