[pptp-server] PoPToP install clarification

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Tue Feb 1 13:22:39 CST 2000

Think of each end of the tunnel as an interface; the same as if it was a
network card.  It functions just like one, so each end must have its own
unique IP number.  Well not quite, but close enough.

The local end can have one number for all vpn tunnels or a unique number
for each vpn, just as if you have one network card or many.

I've found that multiple IPs are easier to manage for firewalling.

The IP nubmers you choose should make sense in the overall scheme of
your network, and should either be "real" (i.e. assigned by some
upstream provider) or much more likely local from the 192. block.

--Yan