[pptp-server] Redhat installation clarification question

Michael Walter walterm at Gliatech.com
Thu Feb 3 14:39:36 CST 2000

your close...
using your examples

# Secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client        				server	secret
IP addresses
jondoe					*		password(plaintext)
*
\\(domain in lowecase)\jondoe		*		password(plaintext)
*
\\(domain in uppercase)\jondoe	*		password(plaintext)	*

once you have added your passwords do a:
chmod 400 chap-secrets
this will make the file read only and exclusive to root.

As the passwords are in plain text, I highly recommend a good ipchains
ruleset, or hiding the vpn behind a firewall.  the \\domainname in upper and
lowercase will save you headaches later.

Thanks,
Michael J. Walter mcse rhce
walterm at gliatech.com
216-831-3200