[pptp-server] Some Dumb PPTP Testing Tricks ... a cheat sheet

Nehali Neogi nneogi at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 07:36:13 CST 2000

Chuck,
I think this is great work! I like the tricks. It
clarified a lot of things that I always had little
doubts and never saw it documented. Last couple of
weeks I was strugging with setting up VPN gateway on
my linux box and your document helped a lot!

Anyway, here are a few suggestions/future
enhancements:

1. I'm attaching a diagram of the VPN test
environment. I modified yours and used your IPs so if
you like it you can just insert it into your document.

2. I realized that this is a client->Server VPN
connection. You can also have Server->Server VPN where
you can connect two different lans. In that case your
one lan (behind gateway) would have say private IP
(192.168.1.x) and other lan (behind other gateway)
would have private IP (192.168.2.x). I'm working on
implementing this using linux. There would be some ARP
and routing issues in this case.

Thanks,

--Nehali

http://www.infosecana.com/dumb_pptp_testing_tricks.htm