[pptp-server] Help with configuration!

Chris Williams willic2 at mail.auburn.edu
Wed Feb 9 10:20:12 CST 2000

I'm waiting on the list-mom to approve my post that has those 2 files in
it.

What we are trying to do is set up a VPN so that the client can access the
LAN machines within the firewall.

Our impression about how the VPN works is that the client will appear
(as far as tcp/ip is concerned) as he is on the LAN...  What's the point
of setting up a VPN without encryption if the traffic from the client goes
over the net anyway?  I thought that even traffic destined for some site
not on out LAN would still go through our LAN after the VPN was setup and
through our internet gateway...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks,
Chris