[pptp-server] Help with configuration!

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Wed Feb 9 09:32:37 CST 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Chris Williams wrote:

> We have gotten to the point with a linux poptop configuration where we
> should be able to connect using a Windows box without encryption.  Problem
> is that I'm not sure what's going on with the pptpd.conf file.  Our
> network is set up like this:
>
> Linux box: 131.204.27.30
> Other valid IP's not in use on the LAN: 131.204.27.31
>
> Windows machine will dial into ISP then start the VPN connection.
> Connection appears to be ok but tcp/ip traffic doesn't appear to go
> through the tunnel to the vpn but goes straight to the internet from the
> windows machine.  I have included the pptpd.conf file and the pptpd.log
> file.  I'm gonna go bald soon if someone doesn't help me figure this one
> out.
>
> As for the client, we've installed the DUN40 update and I think it's clean
> on the client end and that the server isn't working right...
> The check boxes on the client are:
> netbeui is off
> ipx/spx is off
> ip header compression is off
> use default gw on remote network is off

Chris,

Can you please post more information? A dump of your pptpd.conf and log
files would be very helpful. Also, what exactly are you trying to? Do you
have a firewalled network behind the linux machine that you are trying to
allow VPN access to? Or something else?

--
Nate Carlson <carlson at real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700