[pptp-server] PPTP over ISDN

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Mon Feb 14 02:31:39 CST 2000

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Juergen Vollmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the subject says it:  can PPTP be done over ISDN?
> If yes, how?

Yep, I'm doing that. PPTP does not depend on the physical connection.
As long as you have a "network connection" (be it LAN, modem or ISDN)
you will be able to use PPTP over it.  Note that you first have to bring
up the connection itself (i.o.w. dial in to your ISP), then you can start
PPTP. PPTP is not a replacement with PPP.

Nico

> Jürgen
> --
> Dr.rer.nat. Juergen Vollmer, Viktoriastrasse 15, D-76133 Karlsruhe
> office: juergen at informatik-vollmer.de,  vollmer at cocolab.de
> 	    www.informatik-vollmer.de Tel: +49(721) 9204871 Fax: +49(721) 24874
> private: Juergen.Vollmer at acm.org      Tel: +49(721) 24874   Fax: +49(721) 24874

 "It has been said that there are only two businesses
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SDCE/DME-B)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com