[pptp-server] PPTP over ISDN

Pascal Fremaux pf at sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr
Mon Feb 14 02:53:12 CST 2000

I've had the same problem as you, but now it works.
You just have to know that PPTP will use two sort of PPP.
you wil use ipppd (the PPP daemon for ISDN) for the physical interface.
You wil use pppd (the normal daemon for PPP) for the PPTP encapsulation.
So PPTP will call pppd for IP encapsulation, authentication and encryption of the
tunnel, and call ipppd for the real link with your ISP.

Juergen Vollmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the subject says it:  can PPTP be done over ISDN?
> If yes, how?
> Jürgen
> --
> Dr.rer.nat. Juergen Vollmer, Viktoriastrasse 15, D-76133 Karlsruhe
> office: juergen at informatik-vollmer.de,  vollmer at cocolab.de
>             www.informatik-vollmer.de Tel: +49(721) 9204871 Fax: +49(721) 24874
> private: Juergen.Vollmer at acm.org      Tel: +49(721) 24874   Fax: +49(721) 24874

 Pascal Fremaux, SSII Alten