[pptp-server] New PoPToP - GRE: PTY Read failed.

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Feb 17 15:22:51 CST 2000

It is very likely that your pppd is dying.

The log you sent did not include any output from pppd, but you
specified "debug" in your /etc/ppp/options file.  That means somehow
you failed to capture the logs from pppd.

Check your syslog.conf to ensure you are capturing daemon.* and
local2.*.  (Some pppd's are configured to log to the latter for some
reason.)  Or just capture everything and grep for pppd.  If you cannot
figure it out from that, send the log and we will see what we can
do...

 - Pat