[pptp-server] Confusion/Network Neighbourhood/Samba

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Tue Feb 22 02:06:46 CST 2000

for the network neighborhood to work properly, browsing between the networks has to be functional, and in the case of pptp links, that means a wins server needs to be configured on the server's lan.

then use the ms-wins option in your ppp options file to let the clients know it's there automagically

you can use either M$ wins (free with nt) or the samba version (i think it's called nmbd?) read up on samba to learn more about that

Kevin