[pptp-server] ppp_mppe.o troubles

Ed Wood eswood at tor.dhs.org
Thu Feb 24 15:11:09 CST 2000

Hey folks.
  I've been tinkering with pptp server and seem to have it running well
but I can't seem to get the encryption (mppe) working.  I have followed
the HOWTO/FAQ pretty much to the letter.  Unfortunately, when I run the
make modules_install and get the following response

Installing modules under /lib/modules/2.2.13/block
cp: ppp_mppe.o: no such file or directory
Installing modules under /lib/modules/2.2.13/net
Installing modules under /lib/modules/2.2.13/ipv4
Installing modules under /lib/modules/2.2.13/misc

Not cool.  As I'm sure you can guess, I'm getting an error in my
/var/log/messages when users connect.

modprobe: can't locate module ppp-compress-18

I did patch using ppp-2.3.8-mppe-others-norc4_TH7.diff and it seemed to go
well.  Any ideas?  Thanx in advance.

Woody.