[pptp-server] recompiling pppd for pptp support breaks logging?

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Fri Jan 7 07:01:07 CST 2000

I am playing with my firewall, and just recently recompiled pppd to
include pptp support and since then, my firewall has apparently stopped
logging packets coming in on that interface....

Has anyone else experienced this?  The packets are still being blocked,
but there is no record in the log files.  Just ppp0 (the outgoing
connection) does not log anything.  Packets are being counted - but the
DENY count is always 0, even when I try to

RH 6.0, latest (fixed) syslogd, ipchains 1.3.9, pppd 2.3.10 recompiled
with the pptp patches.

--Yan

--

Think different