[pptp-server] Configuration Validation Request

Gregory Carvalho GregoryC at stcinc.com
Fri Jan 7 09:39:00 CST 2000

I have a scenario which requires IPSec, but the packets must transgress
a Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server running PPTP. I would like to use the
Kame IPSec package on FreeBSD 3.3R as in the diagram below. I envision
the sequence being Farside's PoPToP establishing a connection with
OutOfMyHands's PPTP, then IPSec riding that tunnel and cruising right
past OutOfMyHands to ServerSide's IPSec. Please comment on the validity
of this configuration.

 -------------------      /\      -------------------
| FreeBSD 3.3R      |    /  \    | WinNT4S           |
| Name: FarSide     |   /    \   | Name: OutOfMyHands|
|   IPSec (Kame)    |   \Inet/   |    MS Proxy       |
|   PoPToP          |____\__/____|    PPTP           |__
 -------------------      \/      -------------------   |

                                  -------------------   |
                                 | FreeBSD 3.3R      |  |