[pptp-server] State-based Firewall and VPN Server on One Box?

Matthew Ramsay matthewr at moreton.com.au
Sat Jan 15 00:05:49 CST 2000

> Hence the search for a Linux. It's mostly free. It's downloadable now.
(I'm
> seriously considering the Webramp 700s product, but one of the main things
> holding me back is that it just wouldn't be as FUN.)

Heh! Heh!.. That's what I like about Moreton Bay's NETtel platform. It is
purely linux based so you can grab Linux applications out there already
(such as PoPToP) and basically compile them into a NETtel. I'm no expert on
what Web ramp uses for their OS but I bet it's not linux.. and I bet you
it's entire source is not open (the entire NETtel source is available).
Additionally a Moreton Bay NETtel *retails* at around US $345. (inlcuding
VPN!!).. But what makes the NETtel really attractive to *hackers* and other
solution providers is its customisation! At the Linux expo at comdex fall
(Vegas, 99) the NETtel was hooked up to some speakers and was streaming in
MP3's off the net. I guess this isn't the right forum fall this anyway..

Anyways, when price is an issue, you could grab your existing linux PC and
set all this up anyway. That's what is soo cool about Linux.

Cheers,
Matt.