[pptp-server] routing

Noel Schaefer shaeff at mediaone.net
Sun Jan 16 02:55:30 CST 2000

I think i have some kind of routing trouble, the remote client ( Dial up
)
is connecting just fine and i can see the netbios names just fine for
all the clients
on the local, but
i can not connect to any computers on the local other than the server .

I can ping the remote ip`s that was assigned to the client and the
client can ping
all the hosts on the server side but i having trouble getting them to
talk to each other  .

the only thing i have got to work with the other clients on the local is
a game
"TA Kingdoms"
even then i had to manually in put the IP to make the remote client to
see the game !

I see that the subnet for the remote client is a "D" class and the rest
of my local connections are
on a "C" class subnet

C = 255.255.255.0
D = 255.255.255.255

and i have tryed to route the connection to a local subnet ( that just
blocks any traffic from
coming in from the  remote client ).

i have come to an impasse i not sure where to go from here, if any one
has ideas on
how to over come this i would be very great full  !

thank your time !