[pptp-server] Problem with more than one VPN client

Dave Mills MillsD at datametrics.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 17:53:57 CST 2000

Hi,

I used the FAQ's to install pptpd on a FreeBSD box, with a straight install.
No MSCHAP patches for now!

Everything is fine until I try to connect more than one user at a time, NT
is showing "A device attached to the system is not functioning.", and the
syslog is showing

pppd[926]: ioctl(TIOCSETD): Device not configured
pptpd[925]: GRE: read(fd=4,buffer=804d218,len=8196) from PTY failed: status
= 0 error = No error
pptpd[925]: CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed (pty,gre)=(4,5)

I have 50 remote and 50 local ip's configured.

Anyone out there got any idea's??

Dave Mills