[pptp-server] winNT pptp is default connection(OT)

T.Shaw hshaw at healthcentralrx.com
Tue Jan 25 12:28:22 CST 2000

Hello all.. this isn't specific to Poptop, but since I'm using it I was
wondering if anyone else noticed this behavior.
I'm running NT 4.0(sp5) pptp connection to my poptop server. Works great.
The thing I'm noticing is that when I create my connection (thru DSL),
The pptp connection is the default 'interface' of all network traffic. I would
think that after I get a connection going depending on where the packets are
supposed to go, it would go to that interface. Hmm maybe I have to setup some
static routes on my Winnt box..

Has anyone seen this???  Just doing a traceroute from my winNT box to the
external interface of my router takes me out the pptp connection, through the
internet, then back in again. Yuck..

Terrelle Shaw
hshaw at xytek.org
http://www.xytek.org