[pptp-server] winNT pptp is default connection(OT)

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Tue Jan 25 12:44:04 CST 2000

I noticed this the other day.  I use a dial-up so my performance hit is
tremendous...

Just surfing the web on the NT box my packets go down the modem line to
the pptp server, there to time out or get masqed to get put back on the
web (via the same dialup) then back to the masqed pptp server, and then
back to the NT box.

So if you clear the "use default gateway" box for the pptp connection
applet on the NT box all is well, right?   WRONG. NT is too stupid to
set up a route just to the pptp host or to the pptp-served subnet; it's
all or nothing.  If you don't check the "defauylt route" box, nothing
gets to the pptp server.

So has anyone figured out how to set up the routes so that the default
route is to the ISP and the internal IPs get sent to the pptp server?

--Yan