[pptp-server] PoPToP requirements question.

Brad Melendy brad at techkno.com
Wed Jan 26 11:23:59 CST 2000

Hello,
This is my first time configuring PoPToP and I have setup a computer with
RedHat 6.1 and two network adapters.  One adapter is configured to the
external WAN and one adapter is configured to the internal non-routable LAN.

I have read that you must have PPP installed and configured for PoPToP to
work.  It is my understanding after reading the PPP HowTo that it is
intended for serial communications which I have no need for.  So my question
is, what is the purpose of having PPP installed if there are not to be any
serial communications?

Thanks very much in advance and my apologies for pestering everyone with
such a trivial question.

....Brad  :-)