[pptp-server] NO ONE IS HELPING ME ABOUT THE CONFIGURATION OF LINUX PPTP CLINET

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Fri Jul 7 07:59:10 CDT 2000

>I have configured Win 2000 as a Radius Client which also act as the DHCP
>server and pptp server.  I have tested all the pptp clients like win 95,
>98 and nt.
>
> Now I want to test linux as a pptp client, which will dial Win2000

Do you mean dial as in dial, or dial as in connect via PPTP?

> server.  It will get authenticated and takes the pubic IP address fro
> will get connected to internet.

This is the standard way of doing things.

> How do I configure my linux box to do all this ?
> I have following parameters to confiure.
> 1. IP address of Radius client/PPTP server
> 2. User name and password
> 3. My linux box is on the same lan on which I have Radius client/pptp > server
i.e. 192.168.0.x
> 4. I am using linux 6

There are docs on the PoPToP webmail that have step by step instructions for
setting up the linux-pptp client.  If you need it to dial-as-in-dial as well you
need to create an account just like you would for a regular ISP, this is also a
well documented procedure.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.