[pptp-server] setting DNS server

Dan Roscigno danr at cdg.cendant.com
Thu Jul 13 23:01:23 CDT 2000

I am running the PoPTop server on Linux with kernel 2.2.16.  Everything
seems to be fine, but I would like the DNS server for the VPN to override
the DNS server setup for my standard ISP connection as I am connecting to
a private LAN with a nameserver for the "inside" machines.  When I connect
with a Win2K client and check ipconfig /all I see my nameserver listed for
the connection, but the nameserver for the dialup account is the default.

If this is not something I can configure then is there a text file I can
edit on the Win2K machine (like a Unix resolv.conf)?  I suppose I could
write a batch file to copy out the existing nameserver info, copy in the
VPN DNS and then switch back later.

Thanks!
Dan Roscigno   danr at cdg.cendant.com
(425)456-3540  (425)864-5540(cell)