[pptp-server] Name resolution and Optimization

Jose M. Sanchez opjose at ex-pressnet.com
Thu Jul 20 21:55:59 CDT 2000

Thank you!

This explained a lot and saved me a lot of document scanning for
information.

BTW: Have you tried to get Samba on a Linux PPTP server to utilize an NT PDC
as a Wins server? So far I haven't had any luck.

Attempting to look at the local Linux Browse list on the remote PPTP server
does not display the PDC as the master browser (the entry remains blank).
Even though the PDC is accessable and assigned to be the WINS Master Browser
in Samba.

I've tried making the Linux Samba server a BDC as well and have managed to
register it with the PDC... but still no browse lists...

Thanks.

-JMS