[pptp-server] compiled on HP-UX 11.00, "Message too long" messages in syslog.log

jonathan_senkerik at hp.com jonathan_senkerik at hp.com
Sat Jul 22 21:29:57 CDT 2000

  I've been trying to get Poptop working for HP-UX 11.00 and I think I
got
pretty far, but I'm having a problem I can't resolve.  The problem
happens
with pptpd-1.1.1 and pptpd-1.0.0.

  I compiled using gcc, using the built in pppd from hpux and the only
change I had to do in the code was remark out the line pppd_argv[an++] =
"local"  from pptpctrl.c (my pppd doesn't like the word local on the
command
line) and also change the path of the ppp daemon from /usr/sbin/pppd to
/usr/bin/pppd in config.h.

  I connect using a Windows 2000 system.  It connects without any
problems
and I can ping OK.  I can telnet, or ftp OK, but as soon as I start
doing
something that requires more traffic, like transfering a file, then I
will
lose the connection and I get this message in the syslog.

Jul 22 21:52:32 hp1 pptpd[3357]: Error writing GRE packet: Message too
long

  There are no firewalls in between the systems.  Any help would be
appreciated.