[pptp-server] PPTP/SAMBA problem

Colin Coe Colinc at method.com.au
Wed Jul 26 21:24:24 CDT 2000

Hmmm, don't think NFS is really a valid solution.  When I access a SAMBA
share from any machine (on the local LAN, not VPN) there is a log entry
created.  When I connect via VPN and try to map a SAMBA share there is no
log entry created.  It seems as if the request from the VPN connected PC is
not even reaching the SAMBA server.  Is there another port/protocol that I
need to open on the firewall, remembering that I can map NT shares.

TIA

CC