[pptp-server] PPP dial outs to ISP fail

Gord Belsey gord at amador.ca
Mon Jun 5 11:11:23 CDT 2000

RE: [pptp-server] PPP dial outs to ISP failIt sounds like you may need to set up separate options files for ppp and pptpd.  Their is a flag for pptpd that lets you specify an option file, rather than use the default "options" file.

I came accross this when implementin PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) for a DSL connection on the PPTP box.  In that case, I had to use an empty "options" file, and set up unique options files for each of PPPoE and PPTPD.  I'm guessing in your case you could use options for ppp and, say options.pptp for the pptpd.  PPTPD will pass the desired options to ppp for the pptp/ppp session.

Hope this helps

Gord Belsey