[pptp-server] PPTPD 1.0 vs. 1.1.1

Patrick Reid P.J.Reid at earthling.net
Mon Jun 5 07:30:26 CDT 2000

OK, I have noticed on this list the occasional post in which someone
mentions a problem they are having who is then told that all is better with
version 1.1.1. But this is the development version, I understand. So I have
the following questions:

1) which version is more stable?

2) are there really any 1.0 problems which 1.1.1 fixes?

3) are there any problems which occur with 1.1.1 which don't with 1.0?

4) is 1.1.1 more resource hungry than 1.0 (I don't see how it could be
less)?

5) any other caveats?

TIA for any info. I would be glad to compile all the answers I get into a
list for inclusion on the PoPToP web site or somewhere, if that is
considered useful.

Patrick Reid - mailto:P.J.Reid at earthling.net
Communication Centre: <http://www.mirabilis.com/1052176>

"It is by Caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion-
It is by the beans of Java, that my thoughts acquire speed-
The hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning-
It is by Caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion..."
- Mentat Chant (c. 20th century)