[pptp-server] IP Addressing question

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Thu Jun 8 18:51:18 CDT 2000

	This is a simple question, but I want to make sure I understand
things right...

	Given the following situation:

1) Linux server has static (live) IP address, acting as masquerader/NAT
for 192.168.0.0 internal nework

2) Win98 laptop connects to random local ISP, and connects to the above
Linux server with PPTP

	...will the Win98 have one IP address, or two IP addresses?

	I can see it having both (a) a live ip address from ISP and (b)
something like 192.168.0.7 from the NAT network, or just one of the above.

	I want to make sure the remote laptops will be able to

o  browse internal (192.168.0.0) SMB shares
o  Surf the web
o  NOT create a bridge/hole whenever they use PPTP to connect
o  (use VNC and some other crap)

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks at kd-dev.com