[pptp-server] Browsing the network, Logging on to NT domain.

Derek Simkowiak dereks at kd-dev.com
Tue Jun 13 21:08:03 CDT 2000

-> One of the NT is running WINS. I am using PC client.

	Do this: Use smbclient to see if your Linux PPTP server can see
the "invisible" NT shares.  If the Linux box can't see it (for whatever
reason), then all VPN client machines won't see it either.

	Is there any way to use smbclient to "browse" a network--that is,
to look at the browse list (instead of looking at a particular host)?

	Also, on my Win95 system at work there is an option that
"winipcfg" shows that says "NetBIOS Resolution Uses DNS".  What is that
all about?

--Derek