[pptp-server] Subnetting the external IP Address

Mike Wronski mike at coredump.csocsg.net
Wed Jun 14 09:23:18 CDT 2000

Actually there is no way in IPCP or its extentions to send Netmask
information to the client. And it doent really matter what the client has
anyway. As long as the linux box created the poper netmask when building the
ppp interface all will be OK.. Does the pppd honor the netmask?? In most
cases you want the PPP remote side to have a /32. Since it is a point to
point link.. If you need a network on the remote side you just add routes
for it.

-M