[pptp-server] Subnetting the external IP Address

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Wed Jun 14 12:50:43 CDT 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:23:18 -0500, you wrote:

>cases you want the PPP remote side to have a /32. Since it is a point to
>point link.. If you need a network on the remote side you just add routes
>for it.

the ppp link has /32.

But the win9x client sets up the route for /8. So it thinks that all
10.x.x.x hosts are on its network, instead of 10.0.1.x
Moreover, it would send broadcast (netbios) to 10.255.255.255 instead of
10.0.1.255.

Are you saying that I just need to add a route with /24 on the win9x and
it'll be ok?

Thanks.

giulioo at pobox.com