[pptp-server] EMERGENCY!! Clients can't get in!!

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Thu Jun 15 10:44:45 CDT 2000

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Eric H. Raskin wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I've got an emergency here because clients can't get in.  I've been
> (and continue to) look at the Usenet postings for any help on this,
> but I'm taking too long to find what I need.  Sorry ahead of time if
> this is a FAQ (although I didn't find anything about it in the PoPToP
> FAQ or the PPP FAQ).
>
> I've had a working PoPToP v1.0.0 configuration (without MPPE) for
> about 1 month now.  After hearing about problems with security in
> kernel 2.2.14, I've just upgraded to 2.2.16, following the excellent
> instructions from Boris Reisig (boris at microtrader.com).
>
> Unfortunately, now my clients can't connect!!  I'm getting the following in the
> log file:
>
>   pppd[2229]: Could not determine local IP address
>
> Here is my /etc/pptpd.conf file:
>
> speed 115200
> option /etc/ppp/pptpd.options
> debug
> localip 192.168.10.1
> remoteip 192.168.1.2-254

                  ^^^

ummm maybe should that be 192.168.10.2-254?

Andrew McRory - President/CTO     amacc at iron-bridge.net ******************
Iron Bridge Communications, Inc.  www.iron-bridge.net     850-575-0779 ***
The PC Doctor, Inc.               www.pcdr.com            850-575-2713 ***
Caldera OpenLinux Contrib RPMS    ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub/Caldera      ***