[pptp-server] What do Select() errors mean?

Brian Aust BAust at healthdec.com
Tue Jun 27 15:42:42 CDT 2000

JMS,

What did you wind up doing to the Winblows client to eliminate the SELECT()
error?

I've got a poptop server myself which only SOMETIMES works.  Sometimes my
Winblows client can connect, and see all the internal machines and
everything, but then the next time i try it i get a select() error in the
/var/log/messages file, and the winblows client just hangs on the Verifying
Username... screen.

I'm excited that this SOMETIMES works, but I'm trying to roll this out to
three coworkers in Britain, and i can't have it only work "sometimes".
Anything specific that you modified?  There only seems to be so much one can
change on the winblows DialUpNetworking client -- very few options, etc.

Were there changes you made on the server??

Cheers,
Brian

Brian R. Aust
Manager of Information Technology