[pptp-server] LINUX

Ryan Matijcio rpm at interworxconsulting.com
Tue Mar 7 17:09:20 CST 2000

Hi Alan,

One problem I can see with a Linux pptp server in a large NT enviroment is
account management.  I can see it being a real nightmare maintaining the
chap-secrets file (the one that maintains the username and password for the
vpn accounts.)  As far as I've read there is nothing to handle this.  In NT
you can easily just turn PPTP on or off for an account in user manager.

However for my own purposes I really like what I've seen so far with Linux
and pptpd.  I'd urge you to take a look.  (This comming from an MCSE too!
:-)

Ryan P. Matijcio
Interworx Consulting Corporation
rpm at interworxconsulting.com