[pptp-server] problems installing mppe patch to PPP

Jandeep Kang jandeep at interspeed.com
Wed Mar 15 18:38:54 CST 2000

It worked! but no encryption
thanks for all your help. i have applied the patch, recompiled the pppd and
installed it.
Now from a win98 SE i can connect to the pptp server but if i select 'data
encryption' on the client side it gives me an error soemthing like the
'server doesn't support this type of encryption' i will post the exact error
message and number tomorrow. my guess is the encryption is not working or
the client side is not properly configured.
I have got the zip file but haven't gone through that yet.
any ideas about encryption stuff? how exactly do you verify that the data is
encrypted?
once again thanks a lot for all help, past and future.
Jandeep.