[pptp-server] Optimizing pppd for PPTP

Scott M. Stone sstone at taos.com
Thu Mar 16 11:06:28 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Patrick Reid wrote:

> 2) Somehow integrate DHCP leases with the IP address assignment in pppd.
> 	It would be wonderful if those IP addresses which are currently assigned to
> a PPTP connection could be in the dhcpd.leases file, so the script I run
> which keeps my DNS tables up on DHCP leases could also be integrated with
> the pppd IP assignments.

so basically you want it to act like a Cisco, I see :) ... seems like it
could be done, if you maybe integrated some of the dhcpclient code into
pppd to query a dhcp server when someone connects, then feed the IP to
*them* instead of taking it for yourself.  it'd be transparent to the dhcp
server...

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone at taos.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company