[pptp-server] LDAP/PAM for authentication

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.com
Tue Mar 28 13:41:45 CST 2000

Does anyone know of any means to use either an LDAP server or PAM (with
the LDAP patch) to authenticate PPP (or more specifically PPTP)
clients?

We are trying to move all, or most, of our user authentication over to
use an LDAP based directory.  The users will be nearly all Windows based
(NT 4.0, 95/98, and 2000).

Does anyone have any thoughts about this, or is this pretty much not
doable with the way that PPP and Windoww handles authentication?

Thanks for any input.
--
Daniell Freed
Computer Services

He who fights with monsters might take care
lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you.

Beyond Good and Evil