[pptp-server] ** Data Encryption over VPN doesnt work **

Boris Reisig boris at microtrader.com
Wed Mar 29 13:08:37 CST 2000

Well. Read the PPTPD docs and I have pppd v2.3.10 compiled with the MPPE patch installed and modules. I have it all setup correctly. The problem is that if I log on to my VPN[Im using Win98 SE as my vpn client] without Data Encryption, I can see everyones computer and access shares. But, If I log onto my work VPN with Data Encryption, I connect properly and I check pptpd.log and message logs and it says that im connected properly and I dont see any errors. But if I go to my network neighborhood, I cant see anyone. I cant even ping my WINS server anymore. Everything seems to work when I turn off Data Encryption.I can ping then my wins server and everything. So whats going on?