[pptp-server] PPTP without dialup

Paul Rodgers psr at lcsweb.com
Fri May 12 13:56:38 CDT 2000

Angus,
 It sounds like you're not logging in to the network behind the ppptp
server.  When you dial up, you are not logged in to Microsoft Networking,
hence your machine attempts to 'login to the remote network'.  When you're
on a LAN, your already 'logged in', so it ignores the request.  If you have
a domain controller behind the ppp server, try to use domain\username for
the username.  Bottom line: this is a Microsoft Networking issue, not a
PoPTop issue (IMHO).

Paul