[pptp-server] smbpasswd for pppd

michael.kappler at primedisc.com michael.kappler at primedisc.com
Wed May 17 08:53:08 CDT 2000

Hi James,

I've tried to patch my ppp-2.3.11 with the pppsmb.pat and added the
appropriate line pointing to my smbpsswd-file
to /etc/ppp/chap-secrets and installed libsmbpw. My linux VPN is running on
a 2.2.13 kernel, pptpd 1.0.0 and samba 2.0.5a.

Nothing happened.
Error messages like:

The remote system is requiered to authenticate itself
but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so.
(None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address).

I'm also using the strip-MSdomain-patch which stripps off the domain name
and \\ from Win clients
before checking the chap-secrets file.

Do you have any idea what went wrong?

Thanks