[pptp-server] pptp server - not cleaning up after itself when pppd exits

Jerry Vonau jvonau at home.com
Fri Nov 3 05:55:46 CST 2000

Hi Ron:

I see the same problem, the pptp client disconnects, then re-connects.
Instead of picking the same ppp interface, it jumps to the next avaible one.

I think you have the same problem, except you have only one pair of ip's
available.
It what I tried on the server, after the disconect, kill the ppp0.pid and
then
do an ifconfig ppp0 down, ifconfig ppp0 up. this seems to correct the
problem for me.
To make it automatic, prehaps a ping program, that whould run the commands
when it
can't ping the other side.

Jerry